I also took one of the classes that were offered as well -- Technique Savvy class with Vicky Boutin. I am not big on classes; since for the most part, I can easily replicate what they are making in class. Technique classes, they are a different story. They are the ones that give you the little tricks and give you a chance to play. Although, I really enjoyed the class and I did learn a few new tricks, I wished that there had been more of a chance to play with the techniques. There were various stations set up around the room but with the amount of people and the drying time required for some of the technique, we got behind very quickly. We were not able to finish all the technique tags so I am hoping to finish them off at home this week.
The weekend did prove to be productive. I completed three layouts...yep...that's right....THREE. I am amazed. Two were done for layout challenges and one of them even won a prize. Very cool.
I am afraid that I did not keep track of the materials used in these layouts this time around. "A Good Read" was completed for the Journalling challenge. We were suppose to use one of the prompts to come up with a layout about ourselves.
"Time for A Freezie Break" was completed for the colour challenge. This was the one that won a prize. I was a little stunned to find that out. I wasn't expecting to win anything so Carmen, Sharon and I went out to the Royal Oak for beer and burgers only to find out when we got back that I had won the colour challenge.
I want to thank Core-dinations and BoBunny for donating the prize. I won a fabulous pack of Core-dinations cardstock, a 6x6 pad of BoBunny double dot cardstock and a stack of BoBunny glitter polka dot paper.
This last layout was something that I had started about a month ago but had never finished. I had not gotten very far on it before I had to put it away so it is nice to be able to get it finished. I still need to add in the date and a little bit of journalling but for the most part it is done.
If you are wondering about attending a Crop and Create retreat, I would highly recommend it. Catherine and her crew are fabulous. They go out of their way to make sure you feel welcome and have a great time.
Have a fabulous Tuesday and check back in tomorrow, the LCOM Card sketch will be up and I will be posting my card.



No comments:
Post a Comment