It is that
time of year again – time for the Winter Craft and Hobby Association’s vendor
show -- basically, every crafter’s Christmas time. It is the time when we create wish
lists. We ooh and ahh over all the new goodies
that are being touted as the latest and greatest. We start entering contests hoping to be one
of the first to get our hands on these new offerings. We drive our spouses nuts talking about
paper, pens, tools and pretty doodads.
I find that
as my stash has grown over the years my desire for the latest and greatest has
diminished somewhat. As I become more
experienced, I can do more with much less and still get fabulous results; but
having said that, it hasn’t stopped me from making a wish list this year.
Graphic45
has always been one of my favourite companies.
I love the vintage style papers, the colour combinations and their use
of pattern. This year’s release is no
exception. I have already added “Secret
Garden” and “French Country” to my wish list and I am certain when I see the
other lines they will end up on the list as well.
Tim Holtz
is a staple in my stash. I was surprised
when I looked back at last year’s layouts.
Whether it was an embellishment, a tool or a medium, there was something
of Tim on every one of them. So it will
not be surprising to find out that my wish list for his stuff is pretty
long. The “Simple Sayings” stamps were
added the moment I saw them. I have been
looking for this type of stamp set for years.
A number of his blueprint stamps also made the list. The die junkie that I am demanded that I put
the “Pediments”, “Mini Filmstrip & Tickets”, “Torn Notebook” and “Cameo
Frame” on the list. As for his new
embellishments, it would be easier to say what didn’t make the list -- although,
I must mention the “Compass Coins” and the “Industrious Stickers”. Love, love those.
Prima is
another company that I just love practically everything that they come out
with. I would love to move right
into their warehouse. This year’s release
is no exception. From the new metal
embellishments to the masks to the mixed media release…Wow!
I am
looking forward to all the sneak peaks and photos that will be coming out of
CHA this weekend. I know I will be glued
to Christine’s flickr account this weekend as she shares her photos of the
various booths and that wish list will get longer and longer…..
Happy
Wednesday and have fun adding to your wish list.
No comments:
Post a Comment