Monday, March 18, 2013

March Tag & End of March Break

I can't believe that March break is already over.  It went by so fast.  It was nice to have a slower pace and not have to worry about so many details.  But alas, all good things must come to an end at some point.  The kiddos head back to school tomorrow and the mad rush with activities, homework, projects, and lunches descends upon us once again -- only 3.5 month until the summer break.  Not that I am counting.

I managed to get Tim Holtz's March Tag finished this weekend.  I was debating this one for a few weeks.  I like the techniques but I wasn't sure how I literal I wanted to be in my version.  I ended up keeping most of the same elements but tweaking it a bit.  I even dug out my Silhouette.  I thought I would use it to cut out a bunny on ornate label shape; but as I was going through my cutting files, another idea came to mind.

Materials used:  Bazzill Cardstock, Core-dinations Cardstock, Tim Holtz tinsel, ribbon, stamps, and dies, misc. metal embellishments, Distress ink, Alcohol ink and Archival ink.

I really like this damask shape and thought that it would be great with the "antique" tinsel technique.  Once I picked the damask shape, the grass didn't fit so I changed it to a more ornate edge which I double cut but in slightly different sizes.  I offset and used pop dots to give the edge a bit of dimension.

I still wanted to use metal elements and a couple of old jewelry bits worked well.  I ended up tucking a little metal bunny which I painted in the same manner as Tim painted his flowers.  It was my nod towards Easter.

Now that the tag is done, I think I am going to tackle another art journal page.  I have a few ideas swirling around with gesso stamping and modeling paste textures.

Have a good Sunday...or should I know say Monday.

1 comment:

GothBarbie said...

Awesome! This is my favorite of all the links on the March tag post! You really have STYLE! : )