Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Month of May....

First things first, here is my May tag for the Tim Holtz's tags.  This was pretty much the only creative thing that I did this month.  I am just happy that I am still on track. So I am giving myself a pat on the back for at least getting this done.  Yay.


I honestly have no idea what I used this time around.  I just kind of grabbed a bunch of stuff and went and played.  I liked the idea of using rubons as resists.  I had some really nice white rubons that I want to try using.  Instead of using the film ribbon, I thought I would use an acetate silhouette of birds on a tree branch instead.  The only thing I am not sure about is the yellow lace.  It looks better IRL but looking at it now, I am not sure.

Anyway...the reason why I have not been very creative this month is because....this happened:


My parents came and visited.  One of the many things that we did while they were here was to try out a friend's restaurant.  It was amazing but I can't take my kids anywhere.

 

Thankfully, we pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves.

Then we did this:

 

And this:

And this...which was so cool.  And yes that is Nathan Fillon shaking hands with my daughter although you can't see her because of my back.


And then, I met him:

And then, her:


And then I ran into this kiddo and brought him home:


The kiddos raised these:


And over the long weekend, this happened:


Which was also incredible cool.  We missed seeing the first one emerge but we did see the second one.

Spring finally arrived this month and my lilacs were gorgeous:


We had lots of rehearsals preparing for my daughter's end of the year ballet.  The second set of grandparents came up to see her dance.


She was a woodland fairy in Peter Pan and she also had to do a character dance in the showcase.

And while the second set of grandparents were here, we had an early celebration for this kiddo.  Who is turning eleven very, very soon....too soon.  How did that happen?


I am not ready for him to be eleven yet.  Oh well.....bring on June and hopefully, more time to be creative.

No comments: