It worked out that I could be home from work today to pick up the kiddos so I am going to drag along my camera and see if I can get a decent pic of the kiddos last day. Knowing my munchkins, I will be lucky to get even one of them smiling or looking at the camera.
Since I am home alone this morning, I decided that I was going to take the time to play. I love colouring whether it is with Copics, Tombows, Distress Markers or just watercolours. It is one of the easiest ways to make a homemade custom card and Tim Holtz's June tag is demonstrating this technique with his Distress Markers. I only needed to figure out what stamps I wanted to use.
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Prism Simply Smooth cardstock, Tim Holtz stamps, Archival ink, Distress ink, Distress markers, Jenni Bowlin paint dauber, and Distress stain.
The card turned out well and it is a very literal interpretation of Tim's Tag. I decided that I wasn't going to deviate too much this time.
I am still playing with art journalling but my last couple of experiments haven't turned out as I had hoped. They are unbalanced and seem to be lacking something. I haven't been able to figure out what that something is yet. I play a little with them, leave them for a while and then play a bit more. I seem to be stuck. I think it might be time to go back to working on layouts. I have tons of new photos to play with -- from ComicCon, Rascal's birthday, the Star Wars Identities exhibit, Rascal's graduation from elementary school, Pumpkin's ballet and so much more...
Have a good Thursday and hopefully I will have a layout or two to share in the next couple of days.

No comments:
Post a Comment