Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fall

I love the Fall.  I love the smell of the leaves, the cooler days, and the bright vibrant colours.  I love the photos that I get of the kiddos with the leaves as a back drop.

This photo was taken last year when the leaves were just starting to turn.  I made the kiddos go to a local park with me and do all kinds of artsy, fun and wacky photos.  There is no journalling on this layout.  It was done just to satisfy my need to create something yesterday. 


I started with some modeling paste and stencils to create texture.  I, then, stenciled a design using distress inks.  I wanted to put more modeling paste over top of the inking but not have the ink bleed through so I spray some matte fix over the inking.  It kept the subtle smudged feel that the distress inks gives when you apply it with a sponge applicator without the bleed through when you apply a wet medium over top.

The papers, I pulled out of my scrap bin.  Most of these were left over from making cards or other layouts.  The only new piece of paper that I either cut into or mucked up was the cardstock base.  The leaves are from Dollarama.  They are leftovers from the wreath that I made for our front door this year.  The crocheted flowers were made for me by a fellow scrapbooker and were part of a RAK.  I really wish I knew how to crochet.  These are really cute.  There are also bits of Prima embellishments, ribbon flowers from Fabricland, dollar store bling, and old book paper.  I just kept adding little bits until I had a layering that was appealing.

I am trying to decide if I am going to work on Christmas cards, start a new layout or continue working on the Christmas decorations that I am making for my mom and sister-in-law.  Either way, today is going to be a creative day spent playing.

Have a creative Thursday.

No comments: