I had the topics of Funny cards and Thank You cards. Basically my Funny card challenges, involved coming up with a card that used a comic or cartoon as part of its design and for the second challenge using a silly saying. For the Thank You cards, it was to create two different types of Thank You cards -- one elaborate and elegant and the other fun and funky.
I downloaded a cartoon that I found on-line to use on the card and I thought it was perfect for my kids to give to my husband for his birthday in the spring. The kids are constantly calling him "ancient". I can't wait to see his face.
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Signo silver pen, unknown pattern paper scrap.
For the fun and funky Thank You card, I dug out my Silhouette. Quickutz has some amazing downloads lately for card blanks. They are just fantastic. This card was done using Stamp'n Up cardstock and Quickutz designs:
It was so fast and simple to do. I think it took me about 10 minutes from start to finish to complete this card.
For the elegant & elaborate Thank You card, I got carried away with pop dots. There is something about adding dimension to a card that helps take it to a totally different level.
Materials used: Bazzill Dot cardstock, Fancy Pants pp, Bazzill bling cardstock, Megumi 3D flowers, pop dots and unknown ribbon.
Last weekend while I was away at my retreat, I stopped at Ecstasy Crafts in Shannonville. I found these wonderful Megumi paper tole flowers. They are pre-cut. You just pop them out and layer them. Oh my...they make fantastic cards when you combing them with Spellbinder dies. I picked up 7 or 8 different designs but now I wish that I had bought some more.
Tonight I am going to work on some of the other challenges from the crop. Life has finally settled down a bit for me and the crop doesn't end until Friday. Hopefully, I can get another 4 or 5 cards done.




No comments:
Post a Comment