Mojo is on vacation and it is turning out to be a much longer vacation that I would like. I think she is partying it up in some beautiful local, drinking fruity drinks with umbrellas, hitting on all the beautiful men and just not ready to come home yet. I just hope she is taking lots of good pictures so I will have something to scrapbook when she gets back.
It has been almost 3 weeks since I have done anything creative. I keep planning to work on a layout or a couple of cards every night after work but I just end up staring at my supplies just not feeling any inspiration. So I end up digging into my other favourite past-time instead....reading a good book or in some cases, a bad book.
I love to read. It is insane the number of books I have in my house. I am always in need of another bookcase. Books are stacked every where. There is not a room that doesn't have books in it. You know you spend way too much money on books when your bookstore send you a Christmas gift every year.
My husband is just as bad as I am. He loves to read but he is more of a plodder. He takes his time and savours every word. He will remember every little nuance in a book. I am, on the other hand, a skimmer. I will wiz through a book, catching all the high points, the important facts and plot points but I will not remember on what page this specific quote is located. If it is a truly good book, I will slow down and savour it more but even still, I will read 3 books to his 1. Needless to say, it means that I am always looking for something more to read.
So for these creatively unproductive three weeks, I have been catching up with my reading. Here are a few of the books that I have enjoyed.
1. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer & Annie Barrows.
2. Fallen by Lauren Kate
3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
5. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
It looks like the mojo vacation might last a bit longer since I just started two new books yesterday and today. I also picked up 4 new books today while I was out shopping......and soon it will be time to do my yearly re-read of Pride and Prejudice as well.
Happy Tuesday...and hoping that mojo will stagger home soon....
1 comment:
I may or may not have had a Mojo sighting the other evening. She was at a BBQ drinking Mojitos and talking up a Texan who was grilling up some ribs...
I choose to give her a wide berth...why cramp her style anyway?
=)
Post a Comment