What a bright beautiful day it is too. I finally think my mojo has been jump started and I am doing a happy dance since I have really missed creating these last few weeks. I needed a little help this time to get going and sometimes there is nothing better than a class to get the juices flowing once more.
For National Scrapbooking Day, Jenn from The Scrapbox invited Debby Schuh up to celebrate with us and to give us some rocking classes. Out of the three that she is doing this weekend, I could only fit one in our weekend schedule. As the school year end gets closer and closer, I find the kids weekends get busier and busier and it is harder to fit in my stuff.
Any way....back to last night, I left my husband and children at home with some money to order in some food and off I went to have an evening full of inspiration and dirty fingers. The class was a wonderful little album made with 7Gypsies product and is called "Pennies from Heaven". There are lots of folded pages to make all kinds of interesting little pockets to store bits and pieces collected over the year.
The class was only 3 hours so the pace was quick to be able to get all 12 folded pages completed. I finally got a chance to use the bindery punch as well. What a cool little toy!! If I made more mini albums, this would a "must have" tool. Since I have only made 4 mini albums in 4 years, it would be collecting more dust in my house than not. Maybe sometime in the future.....
Today, I am going to spend the time in between chauffeuring my kids to their various things putting the finally touches on the album.
As you can see, the cover is not complete and I still have a bit work to embellish up the pages but I must thank Debby for jump starting my mojo. I really enjoyed the class and I am keen on getting this album completed and moving on to do a few layouts. I might just have to see what kinds of challenges are out there in the cyberworld for NSD today.
Have a fabulous Saturday and a happy National Scrapbooking Day.

1 comment:
Glad to see that you had a good time and that your 'mojo' was excited about the event as you were. =)
Shall we do it again sometime soon?
Jenn
Post a Comment