Friday, June 25, 2010

Last day of School....

My kids are practically vibrating with excitement knowing that today was the last day of school.  They are looking forward to the break from the homework, from the set routines and just getting a chance to do their own thing.  My son was hopping around the house, this afternoon, singing: "No more French".  Little does he know that he is suppose to be reading and speaking in French everyday in the summer....well, I will break that news to him on Monday.  We will give him the weekend to enjoy first.  I just have to make sure that I suppress my evil cackle when I tell him the news on Monday.

As usual I was running around frantically at the last minute trying to finish off some cards for the teachers.  Our thank you gift usually consist of a nice handmade card with either a gift card to Chapters, Tim Horton's or Scholar's Choice.  Having a number of teachers in our family, we have heard many horror stories about some of the gifts they have been given so we play it safe...very safe.

Since I was once again short on time, I was looking for something that would have the "wow" factor but with minimal effort.  Nothing adds "wow" to a card better than Prima and if you add in some quilling...well, you get this:


Materials used:  Basic Grey pattern paper, Stampin' Up cardstock, Krylon silver leafing pen, Cuttlebug quilling dies, Prima flowers, Tattered Angels Glimmer mist, Rock Candy stickles and Golden Pearl Mica.

Seriously, this card only took me 10 minutes to put together.  I have fallen in love with these quilling dies and well, Prima stole my heart long, long ago. 

I just hope that my daughter's teacher liked it.

2 comments:

Teresa (aka tmom) said...

Oh my Kimberly that is stunning and I am sure the teacher will LOVE it!

Jenn Langlois said...

May I post your card on my blog? I will give you total credit of course! LOVE the quilled flowers!

You rock. Simple as that.

Jenn