Monday, June 28, 2010

Masculine Cards...

I have a cluster of birthdays at the end of June and most of them are for the men in my family.  I usually don't struggle making cards for women, kids or for various holidays but birthday cards for men...those seem to be ones that I tend to belabour.  I will often procrastinate in getting them done because I don't have any ideas.  I just can't stick a pretty flower on it and call it done.

This year was no different.  I procrastinated to the last minute and then I made these:


Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Core-dinations cardstock, Tim Holtz grungeboard, Krylon Copper leafing pen, Basic Grey pattern paper, and dictionary paper.

Materials used:  Basic Grey pattern paper, Bazzill cardstock, Bazzill dot cardstock, Core-dinations cardstock, Tim Holtz grungeboard, Krylon Copper leafing pen, Tim Holtz metal elements, various brads and May Arts ribbon.



Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Bazzill dot cardstock, Core-dinations, Basic Grey pattern paper, Tim Holtz grungeboard, Krylon Copper leafing pen and various brads.

I was trying to keep them fairly simple, a bit grungy and tried very hard to stay away from the frou frou that I normally love to put on cards.

Now that these are done, I need to get my dose of frou frou...luckily, I have a layout challenge using that masks that will fit the bill.

No comments: