Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Contest Card Entry

Well, my card entry for the Great Impressions Rubber Stamps' monthly contest was not the winner but I must admit, I really like what I did for it.

The stamps for July were a beach theme.  Instead of going the typical route of doing a beach diorama, I decided to do something a bit different.  Spellbinder octogon dies were perfect for making a port hole style of frame.  Then add in some Spellbinder doodle parts to give the port hole a more waterish feel.  Of course, we can't forget the stamps since the whole purpose of the contest was to showcase the stamps.  I chose to use the monthly stamp of the water swirls and the whale.  The whale seemed to be the best choice for the port hole style of card I had swirling around in my head.

Well...this is what it ended up looking like:


Materials used:  Great Impressions H200 Water Swirl border stamp, Great Impressions G373 Smiling Whale stamp, Bazzill cardstock, Bazzill swiss dot cardstock, Memento Ink, Copic Markers, atyou Spica glitter maker, Ranger white embossing powder, Martha Stewart layered arch corner punch, Spellbinder's Large Octagon dies & Doodle Parts dies, Pop Dots, Kaisercraft rhinestones, Queen & Co pearls, and Krylon silver leaf pen.


The new stamps for August have been posted and I have several ideas swimming around for my August entry.  I just need to get my hands on the stamps. ;-)  I love contests they force me to stretch those creative muscles and often help jump start my mojo when it decides to take a vacation.

On a more personal note, I am going a bit stir crazy in such a quiet house.  My kiddos are staying with my in-laws for the next two weeks.  Two whole weeks....I still can't believe I agreed to it.  After all this quiet, I will be ready for some sibling bickering.  Remind me that I said that when I am pulling my hair out 3 weeks from now.

No comments: