This month has been crazy busy with school starting, my birthday, my daughter's first class friend birthday party, other family birthday parties, ballet classes, my son's ji-jitsu, work, and travelling. I only have one more weekend of commitments before I finally get to have a breather. My parent's are arriving on Friday so this week has been spent re-organizing my tiny house to fit in two more people for the weekend.
Due to all the stuff going on, my crafting time has been seriously curtailed but the silver lining is that I attended a fabulous scrap retreat put on by Sweet Sentiments in Belleville this past weekend. This yearly retreat is in a children's camp with a fabulous view of Lake Ontario.
I managed to convince my friend Carmen to accompany me...it didn't take much to convince her. ;-) She was looking for an opportunity to jump start her creativity just like I was.
We left for the retreat earlier than we planned and was able to stop at Ecstasy Crafts in Shannonville. I love that they carry products from Europe. The major score this time was a number of Marianne Design dies. Wow....I wish I could afford to buy them all but I ended up limiting myself to 3 butterflies, 1 poinsettia and another flower die.
The crop ran from Friday night to Sunday afternoon with the crop room open all night for those individuals who were die hards. The weekend went by very quickly but it was a very productive. I ended up being able to finish 4 layouts, 3 cards and a Christmas ornament. I even won the layout sketch contest and came in second for the card sketch contest.
This was the layout that won:
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Graphic45 pattern paper, Pink Paislee pattern paper, BoBunny die cut paper, Riff Raff chipboard, Prima flowers, Wilton cupcake wrappers, Prima crochet doily, iRock bling, American Craft Thickers, pop dots, Martha Stewart all around punch, Prima packaging, dictionary paper, Tattered Angels glimmer mist and chalk mist.
It was the first project that I completed and after that mojo just flowed. My second layout was about the kiddos and their cousin who looks more like their sister.
Materials used: Making Memories die cut paper, Bazzill swiss dot cardstock, Prima flowers & doily, Wilton cupcake liners, Reminisce bling, Prima packaging, & Copic markers.
The butterfly in this layout is one of the Marianne Design dies. I love the lacy look. The only complaint I have with the dies is that it is not easy to remove the die cut from the die itself.
To be continued.....dinner is calling at the moment.



1 comment:
Try putting waxed paper over the die first, then your paper...
Post a Comment