Saturday, September 4, 2010

It is 1 am....

and I am still up.  I have been playing with Mix and Match Flower Outline Stamps.  I picked them up on a recent trip out to Heathers Stamping Haven.  I wasn't sure about them when I was looking at the stamps on the wall but when I saw some of the projects made with them....Cool! was the word that went through my mind.

I could see lots of fun cards and layouts...basically just stamp on whatever pattern paper I wanted a flower.  Cut out.  Give them a bit of dimension by pop dotting and curling them with a knitting needle.  Lastly, glam them up.

Naturally, there are all different styles and sizes of flowers, different centers and leaves.  Oh yes, another reason to be broke.  So I picked up four stamps.  I figured I could start with 3 different styles and sized flowers and one set of leaf clusters.  I would be able to play and layer to get different effects with these three.

So tonight, I dug out that enormously large bin of left over scraps of pattern paper and cardstock hiding in the corner of my dining room (I really need to learn to let things go).  I started to stamp and cut, layer and pop dot, glimmer and glam.....the verdict of this experimentation....I want to go back and get some more styles and sizes.

It is too late to take any photos tonight so I will share tomorrow.

On that note, I do have the card that I completed for the Great Impressions August Stamp of the Month contest to share:


This time I actually designed an interior panel.  I don't normally do much on the insides of cards other than stamp the sentiment but this time I did something a bit more elaborate:


Materials used:  Great Impressions stamps, VersaColour ink, Canson Watercolour Paper 90lbs, Tombow Markers, ClearSnaps glitter, KaiserCraft rhinestones, Bazzill Dotted Swiss cardstock, My Little Yellow Bicycle Zinnia Jewels & Pearls, BoBunny Peacock Lane pattern paper, Spellbinder's dies, popdots, & Zip Dry adhesive

If you are wondering if my card won....not this time but I did had fun making it.  September's challenge is with Halloween stamps.  I am not sure about this one.  I am not big on Halloween cards so I might have to think up some kind of layout instead.

I really should be thinking about hitting the hay.

Good night and Happy Friday....No...Happy Early Saturday of a long weekend no less.  Three days to play, scrap and experiment.  Oh dear, starting to ramble.....

No comments: