I am working on weeding out all the things in my house that no one uses any more. Things that various little ones have out grown or have forgotten about. It is a very slow process and my house looks worse now than it did before with various garbage bags full of toys and clothes being piled up to go to friends and the Salvation Army. Hopefully, soon I will be able to see my living room floor once again.
One item on my to do list this week was the completion of a card for Card Sketch #27 over at LCOM Sketch Blog. The sketch was a fairly simple one that allows for quite a few different interpretations. I decided that I wanted to play with layering and embossing for this card. I was also looking for an elegant classic look. There is nothing better than white and gold to give that classic feel to a card.
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Krylon Gold Leafing pen, Spellbinders dies, Martha Stewart punches, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Starform sticker, pop dots and KaiserCraft bling.
The edges of the die cuts and the embossed background are edged with a Krylon Gold Leafing pen. Each of the hydrangea flowers is dry embossed to give it dimension. This card was made out of one piece of 12x12 cardstock.
If you would like to check out the sketch and see how the rest of the Card Team interpreted the sketch, please head on over to the Sketch Blog. I do believe that the layout sketch for this week has also been posted so you might want to check that out as well.
I am off to the upstairs closets to see what else I can find to add to my growing pile of "Stuff that is scheduled to leave my house on Monday".
Have a good Saturday.

No comments:
Post a Comment