Jenn, from the The Scrapbox, asked if I would be interested in making a layout instead of a card this time around. "Sure", I said. When she remarked that she wanted a 2 page layout, I was starting to have second thoughts. I can work with any paper line and almost any style but two pages....that is another story. Well, I smiled and said that I would have it for her in 3 to 4 days.....It is now 9 days later and the layout is finally completed. To say the least, my mojo up and deserted me as I was staring at those two blank sheets of cardstock.
So for over a week, I puttered making zipper flowers, playing with Sculpy, and mounting stickers onto cardstock. It was getting to be a bit embarrassing. Finally, I just put my big girl pants on and forced myself to cut the paper, to just go with the flow and hope for the best.
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Echo Park Splash Pattern paper and stickers, Kaisercraft bling, Maya Road Zipper trim, Sculpy III, Sculpy Glossy Glaze and lots and lots of popdots.
Mission accomplished....1 two page layout has been completed and I am pretty happy with the results. The orange centers to the zipper flowers are made with orange Sculpy III modeling clay which was stamped with a Great Impressions stamp. They were baked in the oven and then coated with Sculpy Glossy Glaze.
This layout will be residing over at the Scrapbox starting tomorrow afternoon if you want to check it out in person.


No comments:
Post a Comment