Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summertime

With the school year ending so late this year, it feels like the summer is just slipping past too fast.  The kiddos have headed to their grandparents for their yearly visit on the farm.  This year, they are staying for two weeks instead of their normal one week visit.  We thought we would take advantage of their absence to get some work done on the house.

It has just been too hot to do to much that is on our list.  Today the heat hit 36C with a humidex pushing it up to 46C but it turned out to be a great day for mojo to visit.  With the kiddos gone, I can spread my scrapbooking stuff across the dining room table and let my partial completed projects stay out so I can putter whenever I walk past.

Today, I played with some October Afternoon.  It worked well with a pic from last summer with the kiddos flying high on a swing.  They were pretending to be on a spaceship.

Materials used:  October Afternoon pattern paper, stickers, ephemera and chipboard, Sculpey clay, American Crafts thickers, miscellaneous tape, and Ranger paint daubers.


I think I will tackle some pictures from our Canada Day beach visit next and maybe with some Basic Grey Fort Lauderdale pattern paper as well.

Stay cool.

No comments: