Friday, June 29, 2012

Lots of Cards

Oh wow....I just realized that is has been some time since I have posted any cards for the LCOM Sketch blog.  My bad.  Life, I am afraid to say has gotten in the way again.  With work being insanely busy, the last of the kiddos' school work and my husband passing his very first kidney stone, I haven't really given the blog much thought.

So today, I have three cards to share with you.  All three are based on card sketches on the LCOM blog over the last three weeks.  This week's sketch is one of mine and I will start with the card for it.  The design called for an embellishment that would dominate the card and nothing is better for capturing your interest than a large handmade flower.  This one was made with Outline stamps.  I was sorry to hear that Outline is no longer in business.  It is a shame.  I really liked their stamps.

Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, KaiserCraft pattern paper, Vellum, Stickles, Arcival Ink, and DCWV pattern paper.

For last week's sketch, I used the new Graphic45 A Ladies Diary paper.  It is a fun collection.

Materials used:  Prima pattern paper, Graphic45 pattern paper, stickers & chipboard elements, Distress Ink dauber and Dollarstore ribbon.

The card from the sketch from the week of June 11 is probably my favourite.  I love making these Cuttlebug quilled flowers.  They are so easy and so dramatic on a card.

Materials used:  Teresa Collins pattern paper, Bazzill cardstock and Maya Road Month diecut.

This weekend is a long weekend here in Canada and I am looking forward to having the extra time off.  I am going to put aside the cards and focus on a layout or two.  I know I have said that before but I am going to make the extra effort this time.

Have a good Friday.




No comments: