Monday, July 2, 2012

I actually did a layout

It has been a while but I actually made myself complete a layout today.  It seems like such a shame to have all this stuff and not use it.  I must admit it was nice to do something creative -- to just play until I was happy.

One part of my process is to lay out my layout before I glue things down.  I move elements around and just play with the arrangement until it fits.  One problem with this process is "forgetting" what you liked an hour ago and not being able to reproduce it.  It did not take me long before I realized that taking digital photos of my layout in process was a very good way to remember what was working and what wasn't.


A layout may stay in this state for a day or two before I start gluing things down.  Every time I am in the dining room, I will shift something and try to take a fresh look.  Not today though, I was determined to finish the layout before the end of the day.

Et voilà.....

Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, October Afternoon pattern paper, Creative Imaginations Corrugated paper, KI rubons, Maya Road Die cuts and star pins, Tim Holtz Chit Chat and metal elements, Distress Ink, Recollections bling, foof-a-la rubons, misc. washi tape, pop dots and Dollar store sequins.

Next I think I am going to tackle Tim's Tag for July.  Since I am not American and our Canada Day has already pasted, I am thinking I might do something a bit different.  I have a few ideas but whether they will work or not is another question.....

Happy Monday.

No comments: