Saturday, July 21, 2012

Beautful Saturday Morning

It is an absolutely beautiful morning.  I was up before the sun came up and it was wonderful to spend the morning with a cup of coffee, fiddling with something creative before the house gets moving.  I use to be a night owl but I have been finding that I am enjoying the early morning more the last few years.

I hate to admit this but taking a bit of a break from the cards has been nice.  I have found that my creativity has been jump started and I have more ideas.  In the past two weeks, I have managed finished two layouts...one of which I had started back in September at my retreat.  It was nice to finally get it done and out of my pizza box of unfinished projects.

Materials used:  MME Lost and Found pattern paper, Core-dinations paper, Graphic45 pattern paper, Prima flowers & trim, and American Craft Thickers

This layout is of my daughter loosing her first tooth last summer.  It happened one day before her brother, who is 2 years older, lost his first tooth.  I actually journalled on this layout but I wrote it on a tag which I hid in a pocket behind the glitter plaid paper.  I wanted to tell the story of the her loosing her tooth first and how her brother felt about it but the journalling didn't fit with what I wanted to do.  I find that if I am journalling, I prefer to hide it if it is more than a couple of lines.

Materials used:  Basic Grey pattern paper, Prima adhesive felt, dollar store flowers, leaves and buttons, Martha Stewart flowers, washi tape, Doodlebug letters, October afternoon letters and Basic Grey letters and lots of pop dots.

My husband came up with the title for this layout.  Pumpkin was playing with the dog when he suddenly stopped and laid down.  She wasn't sure what to do with him or how to make him go again.

I used the Basic Grey PB&J line for the layout.  I love that their paper is double sided but I  hate it when the two patterns I want to use are on the same piece of paper.  The background pattern and the green with teal dots were on the same sheet.  Sometimes cutting the paper works and sometimes I am running out to my local scrapbooking store for another sheet.  Sadly, no excuse to visit today.

I have another layout on the go and this lovely Saturday is calling me back.

Happy Saturday.

No comments: