A new card sketch was posted last Wednesday on the LCOM Sketch Blog and it is one of mine. I am happy to be making sketches again. I must admit that I have fun trying to come up with new sketches. I just hope that they are not all starting to look a like at this point. If you want to check out the sketch that the following card is based on just hope on over to the LCOM Sketch Blog.
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Gelatos, Prima flower & leaf, Spellbinder dies, Marianne's Design dies, Cuttlebug embossing folders and miscellaneous ribbon.
This card is very simple and quick. It is also made from only 1 sheet of cardstock, a piece of ribbon, 1 Prima flower and leaf. I embossed the white cardstock background and then rubbed different colours of Gelatos on the raised areas. I sprayed the cardstock with water and used a small paint brush to blend the Gelatos. The medallion was cut out with a Spellbinder accent die and the white leaves were cut out with a Marianne Design's die. The card took about 20 minutes to complete from start to finish.
Secondly, I want to thank Tim Holtz and Mario. I was stunned to realize that I won a prize for participating in the July Tag of Tim's 12 Tags of 2012. I must say that I am really enjoying the new format this year and I have been avidly waiting for the first of the month to find out what the next tag will be. Even if Tim's style is not your style, I would highly recommend playing along, half the fun that I have been having is fitting his techniques into my style and see what I can come up with. Once again, thank you Tim for the inspiration.
Today is the last day of my summer vacation. I just spent the last week at my inlaws' farm with my husband and kiddos. It was a nice visit. We managed to do lots of visiting, swimming and relaxing but I am glad to be back home.
Trying to find our way through a corn maze.
Sunset on the farm.
The kiddos and I are trying to get everything ready for the rest of the week but we are also just taking it easy today. Enjoying the fact that we don't have to rush that we can just take everything at our own speed. We are also laughing at the fact that my husband is at work slaving away while we slept in this morning. We will be sure to rub it in tonight when he gets home.
I also have a couple of cards I would like to finish today -- one for the LCOM Sketch blog and one for Tim's August Tag. Tim's August Tag has lots of hand made flowers on it so I am really looking forward to playing with that one.
Happy Monday.



No comments:
Post a Comment