This morning, my daughter and I were up earlier than everyone else so we decided to run out to the farmer's market to pick up some fresh pastries and veggies. Although our area has been suffering from a drought, there was still some really nice veggies to be had. Pumpkin was excited to get some sweet cherry jam, churros, and a purple pepper but wasn't thrilled about the onions and garlic. I was happy to pick up some Pad Thai, mango salad and beef curry for lunch. Yum.
On to crafting which is what this blog is suppose to be about....there is a new card sketch up on the LCOM Sketch blog. It is a great sketch by Rusha. As soon as I saw it, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Cuttlebug embossing folder, KaiserCraft pattern paper, BoBunny Pattern paper, Dollarstore button and bling, Windsor & Newton watercolours, Versamark, Ranger Clear embossing powder, Memory Box dies, and miscellaneous ribbon & pearl cotton.
I dry embossed the cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then I went embossed the raised sections of the design to provide a "resist" for the watercolours. I also dug out my sewing needle to do a bit of hand sewing around the edges. I like the stitched look but it is time consuming -- which basically means, that I don't do it very often.
If you want to check out the sketch that this card is based on, just head on over to the Sketch blog. The design team has come up with some great cards using this sketch.
Happy Saturday!

No comments:
Post a Comment