Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Thank-you and a New Card Sketch

Firstly, I must extend my gratitude to Tim Holtz and Mario for selecting my tag for November.  That is just so cool especially since I had taken a 3 month break on the tags.  My husband must think I was a little nuts doing a happy dance in the dining room yesterday.  The prize is a $25 voucher to Simon Says Stamps so I want to expend my gratitude to Heidi as well.  I must admit that I haven't ordered from her store before but I am looking forward to checking it out.  Just looking at the shipping rates for Canada has me asking myself why I haven't ordered from them before.

Secondly, I want to mention that there is a new sketch up over at the LCOM Sketch blog.  It is the last of our November sketches with a Twist. 


The twist for this week is to use polka dots.  When I saw the sketch, pendants were the first thing that popped into my mind.  The second thing was that I wanted to do some kind of take on Santa's suit.  I liked the idea of using the red for the pendants with the black across to give a feeling of his belt.  Instead of doing a gold belt buckle, I decided that I wanted to use holly leaves.  The new Dee's Distinctively Wreath Builder dies have two different sizes of holly leaves that were perfect for what I wanted to do.

Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, BoBunny pattern paper, Dee's Distinctively dies, and Kaiser Craft bling.

This card only took 10 minutes from start to finish and it still has pop.  With Christmas so close, quick and easy Christmas cards have a certain appeal.

Have a happy Sunday.  I am off to help my son with his school project which is due tomorrow.  He almost has it completed.  He just needs to dig into my craft supplies to finish off his poster and to get his rough draft on to cue cards.  If I don't tear him away from Mindcraft, nothing will get done.

No comments: