Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Cards

Every year I try to figure out what I want to do for Christmas Cards.  Should I do one design over and over again or should I do separate designs for each person.  Should I just give in and buy the cards instead.  This year, I thought that I would try to do different designs for different people. I would try to use up some of this stash that is littering my house.

So here is the first of the cards, I used some old Basic Grey paper that I have had for years. I embossed it, painted it with white painted, inked it with Distress ink and then painted it with Gesso to emphasis the embossing.  The wreath was made with a Memory Box die that I picked up recently and my favourite Martha Stewart punch - Branch.  The gold bow on the wreath is also a Memory Box die.  Boy was that fiddly to fold and glue but it was worth it.  The banner is a Tim Holtz die which I embossed Merry Christmas in gold.

I finally used the WRMK envelope punch that I have had for a while.  I am loving the idea of making special envelopes for the cards -- adding that extra touch.

Since the envelope is a dark colour, I needed to have a light coloured label for the address information.  I used a large Spellbinder's label die.

One down...many more to go. :-)

Have a good Monday.

No comments: