I decided to simplify my next Christmas card design. The first one I made took quite some time but I still wanted to use the Memory Box holly leaf wreath die. I liked how it turned out with the Martha Stewart branch punch die cuts. So this time, I thought I would make the standard A2 card. I would create a nice background using modelling paste. I would mount the wreath and add a sentiment. I also decided that I would make all the ones that I was mailing the same so that it would go faster.
Less time consuming -- yes. Simpler design -- yes. Not too thick so easier to mail -- yes. Able to complete a whole whack of them in time to mail today -- um, well, see, um -- no. I have managed to get two completed and the bits and pieces ready to do 4 more. Thankfully, I only mail about a dozen cards.
The rest of the cards that I have to make get shipped in my Christmas packages so I don't have to worry about whether or not they are "mailable". The added bonus is that they don't have to be completed this week. I still have at least one more weekend since they don't need to be on the Greyhound until later next week.
Here is design #2 with the Memory Box holly wreath die:
Not the best photo I am afraid to say. We are getting some snow today and the lighting sucks.
Have a good Monday. Off to pick up the kiddos from school and try to get a few more of these done.

No comments:
Post a Comment