Monday, June 9, 2014

Best Intentions....

What do they say about best intentions....I had so many plans for the month of May.  I was finally going to take some time while the kiddos were in school and I was off work to get a number of things done around the house.  Alas, it was not meant to be.  The cold that I caught at the beginning of May is still lingering a month later and even though I have started on my to do list, it is woefully incomplete.  I think I have come to terms that it is going to be an ongoing battle instead of one all out conflict.  Whatever I manage to get completed is more than I had the day before.

Crafting has been slow as well but I have managed to make some headway.  I have finished an art journal page and started another.  For this page, I wanted to avoid the really wet mediums, such as paints and sprays, and went with layering inks instead.


I recently acquired a new Prima 12x12 stencil with a city map outline.  Using different colours of distress inks, I made it the central point of a two page art journal layout.  Another new Prima 12x12 stencil that resembled wood was used to add another layer of inking.  As much as I was avoiding wet mediums, I gave in for some sprays with a wonderful new Memory Box stencil.



I also dug out the modelling paste and a Prima 12x12 butterfly stencil.  Once the modelling paste was dry, I rubbed on Inka-Gold in green, blue and gold.  Pencil outlines helped to have the butterflies popped out a bit more.

Lots of bits and pieces of fussy cutting came next.  I was drinking coffee with cream today so the "tea rings and splatters" are actually diluted walnut ink.



I am trying to use up my scraps and old papers with the art journal.  Not being totally successfully with this but I am trying.  The new Graphic45 keeps tempting me -- especially the Botanical Tea collection.  As you can see, some of it snuck in here.

I am currently working on another page.  This one is messy.  Lots of gel medium, collage, gesso, sprays and inks.

Have a good Monday.

No comments: