Thursday, July 3, 2014

Things You Notice

I finished off an art journal page just a few minutes ago.  As I was standing over it, I thought that it looked pretty good.  I was happy with it so I proceed to take pics of it to post to Instagram and to my blog.  It wasn't until I was editing the photo that I noticed that it wasn't what I wanted.  My fluid free-flow edges that I was hoping for were not there.  On the right hand side of the page, I had managed to create a straight edge in the combined image.  How come I did not notice this while I was stamping or while I was humming and hawing over it, trying to determine if it was balanced or not.


I find that tends to happen to me quite a bit.  I have a certain perception of a work as I am working on it but it tends to change when I view it through the filter of a photo of the work.  I don't know if it is a mental block or if it is just the change of perspective that allows me to view the work differently.

I am not going to change this page at this point since I think leaving it as it current state is a good lesson on perspective.

Basically this page is mostly just playing with different stamping techniques and mediums.


I think I am going to take a break from art journalling for the rest of the day.  I think it is time to try my hand at something else.

Happy Thursday.

No comments: