Friday, July 4, 2014

A Layout....A Layout...I actually did a layout....

Happy dance going on over here.  I finally did a layout.  I bit the bullet yesterday afternoon and dug out a photo of my son from a couple of years ago and went from there.


The tie dyed paper is "colour diffusing" paper that I picked up at a local education supply store.  It is interesting paper to play with.  I used Dylusions Ink Spray and Adirondack Colour Wash sprays on it.  I, then, took a squirt bottle filled with water and created water blotches to help diffuse the ink more.  It is doubtful that the paper is archival but since I ended up using transistors, bits of wafers, and semi-conductors on the layout, I wasn't really concerned with the longevity of the layout.

Another technique I tried was to make my own texture paste with glue, white paint and talcum powder.  I followed the recipe on Gabrielle Pollacco's blog.  I ended up adding a bit too much water as you can tell by the arrows but I corrected it by adding more talcum powder so the dots turned out much better.

One other goal with this layout was to use some of my older stash up.  I ended up digging through some old Basic Grey papers that I haven't looked at in a couple of years to find this distressed numbered gem.  The background graph paper is from Scenic Route.  I must have bought at least a dozen sheets of this paper back in the day and I think I might have one more sheet of it left.  It is one of my favourite basics.

My dining room table is once again a creative mess.  I have another art journal page on the go and I have a few more photos that I have pulled out to work on.  Looks like Mojo has come for a visit and tends to stay awhile.

Happy Friday.

No comments: