Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Yet another boring day....

Seriously, a really boring day at work. Things are much slower. I have basically been able to get what I need to get done in about the first hour of the day. If they didn't need someone to open the door to let people in, I think they could do without me for ohh....3 or 4 days out of a week right now. I don't want to give you the wrong impression. It is not always like this...usually I do about 3 peoples work in a day and still have work waiting for me but during the summer months things do tend to quiet down. This year instead of it slowing down around the middle of July, it began in early June. I can't imagine what August is going to be like which is traditionally our slowest month around here.

Anyway...this is suppose to be a craft blog -- showing you all my lovely creations -- NOT a "lets whine about what my life is like at the moment" blog. So on that note, here is my latest card. I made this as part of a challenge this past weekend to use the colours electric blue, lemony yellow and red. I really, really like how this turned out. The colour combo is very striking. I am glad that I thought of this challenge. It was one of my challenges for the ScrapCentral members for the on-line weekend crop we had last weekend.


Materials used: Stamping Bella stamp, Spellbinder Large & Small Oval Nesties, Spellbinder Classic Scallop Oval Nesties, Misc. ribbon, Doodlebug pattern paper, Sassafrass pattern paper, Versa Ink (Cyan), Copic Sketch makers, Memento Ink.

This was the only thing I managed to get done this weekend. I was hoping that I would get a circle journal layout down that was due on the 15th. It is now the 17th and I still haven't finished it. The topic of the layout is "The Girl in the Mirror". It is suppose to be a self-reflective piece with an emphasis on journalling. If you have taken a look at any of my layouts, you will know that I am not big on journalling. Most of the time it is just name, place and date so I am finding this one to be a bit of a challenge. I think I might have found a way to approach this today...finally....so I am hoping that I can get it done tonight.

No comments: