Monday, June 1, 2009

Scrappin' With the Oldies

ScrapCentral is running another series of challenges called Scrappin' With the Oldies. I love these challenges since they get me thinking outside my box. Week's 1 challenge was to use old Basic Grey pattern paper, American Craft chipboard or felts, and any type of chipboard letters (our choice). The whole point of the challenge is to get everyone to use up their stashes.

There is also a "mystery" item that is listed in a jumble. You have to solve the jumble to discover what the mystery item is. Week's 1 mystery item was a Jenni Bowlin Bingo Card.

I managed to incoporate all of the items in my LO. This layout is much simpler than my usual style of late but I still couldn't get away with out adding some bling to it.

Materials: Basic Grey Oh Boy pattern paper, American Craft chipboard tag, Jenni Bowlin bingo card, Basic Grey letter stickers, American Craft cardstock Thickers, foil star stickers, transfer foil, Stickles and Riff Raff chipboard.

I took one of the Prima Say it Like Crystal swirls and traced it onto a transparency. I then used a paper piercer to transfer the swirl to the cardstock after which I used it for a template for adding Stickles to the paper. I wanted a more subtle bling than the crystals. I think that it worked well with the foil stars.

The photo was taken at my inlaws farm. My son had just received a rocket for his birthday and the cousins & uncles were outside trying to get it to fly....and boy did it fly. You can see the rocket in the picture and it hadn't even reached its apex yet....the picture that I missed taking was the uncles trying to get the rocket out of the big maple tree just a few moments later.

No comments: