Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lazy Sunday....

Today is the perfect day.  I am in my PJs.  There is no rush to get anything in particular done.  I have been munching on raw cookie dough tying to make sure that more of it goes in the oven than in my mouth.  The kiddos are playing nicely for a change.  I completed one of the challenges for ScrapCentral's on-line crop and planning on starting another.   I need more days like this. 

The ScrapCentral challenge that I completed was one that you had to use only cardstock --  no embellishments, no ink, no paint, no stamping -- just cardstock.  What I found the hardest was not adding some kind of bling or dew drops.  I was so very tempted to add a few.



Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Stamp'n Up cardstock, Silhouette, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, EK Success bee and heart punch.

Other than the butterflies, bees and hearts, all the cardstock elements cut on the Silhouette from files downloaded from the Sihouette/Quickutz on-line store. 

I, once again, dug out my rolling pin and selectively embossed  areas of the cardstock elements and background with a Cuttlebug folder.  My rolling pin is getting more use for scrapbooking than it ever did for baking.

Ah...I think my perfect day is coming to an end.  I hear my husband and my son arguing over how to play Lego Indy 2.  Well, it was nice while it lasted.

No comments: