I always feel really guilty about calling in sick even when I am at death's door. I know that I should stay home to make sure that I get over it quickly and that I don't infect my other co-workers but I also feel like I am letting them down. It is weird but I stress over it.
So after finalling making the call to stay home yesterday, I need something to get my mind off of all the work that I should be doing. I figured I might as well tackle one of the crop challenges that I didn't get to this past weekend. I also wanted to try my hands at making some of the dictionary paper flowers that Donna Salazar makes. I found a video tutorial that shows how to make them the other day and I have been keen to try them ever since. The challenge was to use Glimmer Mist, Maya Mist or some other misting agent on a layout. It was the perfect challenge for these flowers.
The flowers turned out to be very simple to make and they look fantastic. I am going to be making more of these in the future. Surprisingly, they are quite stiff when they are dried. I was a bit worried that they wouldn't hold up to being put in an album but it looks like they will quite nicely.
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey pattern paper, Glimmer Mist, Tim Holtz ornate frame, Fancy Pants transparency, Dollar Store glittered ferns, Basic Grey letter stickers, Dew Drops, Tim Holtz stamp, Ranger Distress Ink, Maya Road trinket beads, Ranger Alcohol ink, gold wire, Me and My Bright Ideas bling and Creativity Street glitter.
The Maya Road trinkets were originally clear and were getting lost in the design so I used some alcohol ink to change the colour to a nice deep red.
I am home again today. I am starting to feel better but I want to make sure that I can handle some solid food before I head back to work. Since I am home again, I think I might try my hand at another layout or maybe some cards...something creative....something to keep my mind occupied...

1 comment:
Hope you feel better soon! Your layouts and the flowers are amazing!
Post a Comment