I have actually produced quite a bit in the last little while. Joining into forum challenges tends to get me motivated and the Scrap Race at LCOM has certainly motivated me. I still can't believe that I haven't been eliminated yet. I am so slow. Anyway....here are three of the layouts that I have completed lately.
The first one is dealing with "me"...one of the most uninteresting topics but at least I can make it visually interesting:
Materials used: American Crafts Just Write journalling cards & thickers, Bazzill cardstock, Prima flowers & masks, Tattered Angels glimmer mist, Ranger Distress ink, Tim Holtz stamps, & Kaiser Crafts bling.
I love how the American Crafts journalling cards looked after they were crumpled, distressed and inked.
The second one is based on a sketch from the Creative Scrappers. I believe it was sketch number 54 if I remember correctly.
Materials used: Bazzill Kraft Cardstock, Core-dinations cardstock, Graphic45 pattern paper, Websters Pages Trim, American Craft Just Write journalling card & thickers, Prima felt & bling swirls, Copic Markes, Tattered Angels glimmer mist, and misc. pattern paper scraps that I can't remember the manufacturers any more.
This photo is one of my absolute favourites of my daughter with her Papa. Just to give a bit of context, my grandmother passed away in the Spring. We went home for the funeral. After the funeral, we all went over to my aunt & uncle's for a family barbeque. My aunt & uncle had recently moved into a great place with a huge, really huge backyard that backed on to the river. Papa and my daughter had walked down to the water to check everything out. This photo was taken as they were walking back from the shore and she was telling him all about the flower she had in her hand while he as making sure that she didn't stumble on rocks.
This last layout is about an adventure trip the kids and I took in the Summer of 2009. We went to a local farm that specialized in mazes -- all kinds of mazes. My son is fascinated by them. We spent the whole day searching for the minotaur.
Materials used: Bazzill kraft cardstock, Graphic45 pattern paper, Daisy D die cut, Ranger Distress ink, dictionary paper, Prima flowers, Making Memories leaves, About a Girl letters, American Craft thickers, staples, and misc. beads.
Have I ever mentioned that I love Graphic45 paper? If I haven't let me say, I just love them. I love Victorian, Art Nouveau and Art Deco patterns. I love the complexity and the colours. I have such a hard time cutting into their papers. I always want to frame them.
I have a number of cards to share as well but I will save that for another post. Some of them were done for the ScrapBox as samples of what you can do with the Tim Holtz Rosette die. I need to figure out what I actually used on the cards before I post them. I did a boo boo and forgot to write down what I was doing as I was working on them.



No comments:
Post a Comment