I don't do mini albums very often. I find they are hard to store around the house. If I make one, it is usually because it is going to be a gift. So imagine my face when I saw that the Week 3 Challenge for the Scrap Race at LCOM was to complete a mini-album in a Halloween theme.
I hummed and ha'd over this one for a while. What to do? What to do? This called for some serious rummaging through my stash. It had to be 6x6 or less. I wanted lots of visual interest. There is no point in doing something that I am not going to like.
After much searching I found some great Bazzill big chipboard pieces that were going to work perfectly. Some Maya Road chipboard was added to the pile and then some transparencies. Digging around some more, found some old coloured envelopes. I was starting to see the album take shape. Add in some book covers from 7Gypsies, Graphic45 paper and some Core-dinations cardstock and the album is getting more and more interesting.
It took a few days...{I am not much of a racer}....
Front cover:
Interior Pages:
I used an envelop to make the pocket for the journalling.
Both the round chipboard from the first page and this pumpkin are mounted on a transparency to make it easier for rings. I wanted them a sufficient distance apart so that the book was a bit more stable.
Back Cover:
Now I just need to figure out whether I am going to keep it or give it to someone for Christmas.
Happy Monday.










1 comment:
Such a lovely mini ! I would never be able to bear parting with it.
Post a Comment