Sunday, September 11, 2011

Altering....

I have decided it is time to start wearing an apron while I am working on my projects.  I ruined another pair of work pants without even realizing it.

I picked up an inexpensive craft apron from a teacher supply store in my neighbourhood.  I know that over time it would been covered in ink and paint but I just couldn't bring myself to wear such a blinding white apron.


It was almost like the apron was mocking me.  Saying "I am too clean.  Your mojo has deserted you.  If you were creative, I would be wearing the battle scars."  No matter that the apron is brand new.

Intervention was required.  Paint, ink, gel medium and glue needed to be splattered over the surface.  My hands had to be stained blue so that my kiddos think that I am turning into a Smurf.  I misted, painted, stamped and glued gems.


Now this apron has a nice base that I can add accidental splatters from my creative process.  Hopefully it will prevent any more of my clothes from becoming victims.

The other result of this exercise is that I need to play more with altering.  I kind of suck at it.....I will tell you a secret.  I attempted to use my heat gun to help dry my wet mediums quickly only to melt a hole in the apron....yep, I need a lot more practice.

No comments: