When it came around to make the card from this sketch, I could not get the new Maya Road silhouette stamps out of my head. They seemed well suited to the oval design in the centre. Add in the new Lost and Found 2 collection by My Mind's Eye and one ends up with a cute card with a vintage country charm.
Materials used: My Minds Eye Lost & Found 2 pattern paper, Echo Park For the Record pattern paper, Bazzill cardstock, Prima
Flowers, Ranger Distress Ink stain, Tombow marker, Making Memories pearl accents, Maya Road cameo stamps, pop dots, Spellbinder dies and Memento ink.
The faux stitching is drawn on with a Tombow marker. I inked the edges of the scroll die before I used it to cut the paper. I like the effect of ink not fully covering the embossed edge but pooling in the crevice instead. The stamped oval silhouette and the scrolly frame beneath were first stamped and hand cut.
If you want to see the sketch that this card is based on and the cards that the rest of the design team has made, head on over to the the LCOM Sketch Blog. While you are there, why not try your hand at this sketch as well.
Have a good Friday. I know I am looking forward to a nice evening with my kiddos. It is fun food and movie night again. I am also hoping to get creative with some new Crate paper.

No comments:
Post a Comment