Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lazy Week

This has been a bit of a lazy week for me.  My daycare provider is off enjoying the beautiful beaches of the Tropics so I have been home with the kiddos for 3 days while my husband took the other 2 days.  At the start of the week, I had all these plans on what I would get accomplished.  I must have had a to do list the length of my arm....well, it is still the length of my arm.

The nice thing is that I am much more relaxed.  I spent the time, while the kiddos were in school, scrapbooking, reading, and catching up on all the TV series that I have behind on.  It was a great week.

I managed to get a layout finished for Challenge #4 at LCOM.  This was the challenge to use the layout sketch #115 as inspiration. 

Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Jenni Bowlin paint dauber, Ranger Archival ink, Tattered Angels glimmer mist, KaiserCraft bling, Maya Road flowers, misc. laser cut ribbon, We R Memory Keepers Sew Stamper, and Girl's Papery stickers.

I ended up doing a more stripped down style for this sketch.  Sometimes, I get carried away with the embellishments, so much so, that I worry that it will take away from the image.

Card sketch #12 is up over at the LCOM Sketch Blog as well.  It was posted on Wednesday and it is another fabulous sketch by Rusha.


This card is pretty pink and feminine.  I was looking to make a card that my daughter would love to get for Valentine's Day and Rusha's sketch was perfect.

Not much is on the agenda today.  I have to take my daughter to her ballet class in a couple of hours.  I am looking forward to having a latte and reading the next installment in the Flavia de Luce series while I wait.  The rest of the day is unplanned and I love it that way.  The possibilities are endless.

Happy Saturday.

No comments: