Friday, March 23, 2012

Crazy Weather

It has been absolutely gorgeous here....insanely gorgeous.  We have broke temperature records all week.  Normal March temperatures for our area are just above freezing -- about 4C.  This week, we have been in the mid 20's.  It has been an warm winter but to have June temperatures in March is just too freaky.  I am actually contemplating getting my snow tires off early.

Needless to say, we are trying to enjoy this warm weather before it disappears but I did manage to finish my card for the LCOM card sketch blog this week.

Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Distress ink pens, Dollarstore sequins, KaiserCraft bling, miscellaneous ribbon and feathers.

I have some wonderful art nouveau stamps that I picked up years ago but have never used.  Rusha's sketch provided the perfect showcase for them.  I coloured the stamp with Tim Holtz's new Distress ink pens, huffed and puffed and then stamped.  The background was embossed with a brass embossing plate that has also being hanging around in my stash for quite some time.  It was then inked with Distress ink to provide a stronger contrast to the embossing.

To check out the sketch and to see what the rest of the Design Team has come up with, head on over the the LCOM Sketch blog.  You can also play along if you wish and link your creations.  I am always amazed to see how others interpret the sketches.

Have a good Friday....tonight is fun food and movie night....maybe even a little crafting as well.  I have a partial finished layout sitting on my dining room table that is refusing to be quiet.

No comments: