Friday, March 16, 2012

It's Friday...It's Friday....

And I am just a little excited.  I have a completely free and clear weekend.  I have no commitments, no child activities, no plans....Happy, happy, joy, joy.  I am so looking forward to just puttering and doing whatever happens to pop in my mind at the time.  This is probably the best way to spend the last weekend of March break.

Whenever I have a block of free time, I find that my mojo starts to bubble to the surface.  I have already been sketching out a couple of layouts and a few cards.  I also managed to find some of the honeycomb paper that Tim Holtz used on his February tag so I am excited to try out a few ideas with it.

Speaking of jump starting one's mojo, this week's card sketch is up over at the LCOM Sketch blog and it is one of mine.  I wasn't sure how this particular sketch was going to be interpreted by the design team and I was amazed at what they came up with.  I went with a fairly literal interpretation with a slight tweak to the bottom elements.  I really wanted to use a new Marianne's Design die that I had  picked up a few months ago that I haven't played with yet.  I love how it turned out so I think this die is definitely a keeper.

Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Pink Paislee London Market pattern paper and die cuts, Prima flower, Recollections pearl florishes, Ranger Distress ink, and Dollarstore pearls.

The new Pink Paislee London Market collection is a fabulous collection.  That soft Victorian feel is right up my alley.  I can see myself going back to get more of it.

Have a great Friday!

No comments: