Instead of using the new Ranger tool, I used paper blending stumps with the Distress inks. They worked reasonably well although the "fine" tip on the end tended to mash down as it got more ink soaked. As long as all the fine detail work was done first, it was a nice compromise; although, I am curious now to see how well the Ranger nib system works.
Once again, I made a card instead of a tag. I went on a Google search to find some vintage images and this one called out to be used. I had originally planned on using a vintage ballet image to make a birthday card for my daughter but I really like the pastoral feel of this image instead.
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Prima patterned paper, Tim Holtz findings and ribbon, miscellaneous dollar store trinket, 7Gypsies tag, K&Company paperclip, Pink Paislee pattern paper and die cut, Distress ink, Perfect Pearls and Archival ink.
I coloured the green trees in the background, the edges of the blue sky, the flowers in her hat and on her dress. I just wanted a few touches of colour. I was tempted to colour the dress as well but after a test run realized that it was too much.
One other item of note is that LCOM is have a Card Team and Sketch Artist call for the the new term starting in July, if you are a card maker or love to make sketches, you should check it out.
Have a good Tuesday.

3 comments:
I like how you didn't tint the dress too, as it makes the composition more interesting without. I also like the fun way you added the pink bow to the back of her dress.
Great idea to make a card instead of a tag. You were right to stop colouring. Less is more. Very pretty.
Lovely card, the image looks so pretty with the hint of colour on her hat and I love the bow on her dress :)
Post a Comment