Monday, July 9, 2012

July's Tag for Tim's 12 Tags of 2012

I knew that the July tag would be something patriotic.  Since I am not American and with Canada Day already past, I thought I would go a completely different route.  Something summery, something using my favourite colours....play a little with alternate supplies.

One thing I tend to collect are DCWV stacks.  Most of the time they don't fit my style but they are pretty paper and I like pretty paper.  In this case, I had picked up the Royal Garden stack on one of my trips into the States.  I love peacocks and this paper is vibrant with gold foil accents.  It is also a glossy coated paper.  Instead of using the Ranger clay coated glossy paper, I wondered if alcohol ink technique would work on the DCWV paper.  I selected a piece of white peacock feather paper from the stack and began to play.  It worked fairly well.

Materials used:  DCWV pattern paper, Ranger Alcohol ink, Archival ink, and miscellaneous metal elements.

One thing I need to remember when using glossy paper, ink takes much longer to dry on it but thankfully, you can't see where I smudge the image ;-)

Have a good Monday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the fun splatters made with your great choise of colours. I'd say your experiment was a success.

Winnie said...

Congrats on being one of the winners! The use of the colors with the peacock is fab!

BJ said...

Gorgeous - well done on your win.

Annie Claxton said...

Absolutely beautiful - luscious colours

Unknown said...

Hi Kimberly Just following the links to fellow winners tags! Lovely tag I must have missed this one - great use of the splatters for the peacocks tail - Congratulations to you! Helen x

Debra said...

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` Wonderful!

Debi said...

this is very cool- I just love the exotic feel you've created and that peacock! Debi x