Tim's tag for November featured a "Thankful" theme that was fitting for the US Thanksgiving. Since our Thanksgiving was last month, I decided to apply the technique to a snow theme to celebrate the first snowfall.
One thing to note, when ironing out the embossing powder make sure to lift the paper up when it was hot. This was my second attempt. My first attempt I ended up pulling up a good portion of the surface of the paper when I removed it after ironing.
With the October tag, I decided to go with a more vintage girly style instead of doing a Halloween theme. I loved colouring the glass glitter with alcohol ink. I mixed several blues, yellows and greens to get the colour I was looking for. I just kept adding a drop or two until I finally achieved the right colour.
September's tag is my favourite. I loved the faux metal work. I did not have any steel wool to burnish the metal after applying the alcohol ink. Desperation is the mother of invention - especially at 2 am. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers worked beautifully -- taking off just enough but leaving behind enough of the colour.
Last but not least is my version of the August tag. The paper roses are fun and easy to make. They give such a dramatic statement to the card. I love making them out of the whitewashed Core-dinations cardstock. They have a nice feminine feel.
Here is a detail of the roses:
The gold accent was created by spraying the card with the New Heidi Swap glimmer sprays.
Now that I am caught up, I am looking forward to seeing what is in store for December.
Have a good Sunday.





6 comments:
Love all your tags! Glad you could get caught up, they are all beautiful!!!
CONGRATS on winning for November!! YEAH!! Your tag is BEAUTIFUL!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)
Gorgeous tags - they are each so stunning! Congrats on winning for November!!
These are all beautiful but your last one particularly caught my eye. Really gorgeous. Congrats on the win!
Congratulations on being one of the winners. Great job.
Back again!!! CONGRATS!!!! So excited!
Post a Comment