Saturday, July 4, 2009

Playing with Copics

I am really starting to love my Copic markers. Now that I have started to get the hang of them I really like the brightly coloured saturated look that I am getting. I still love working with the Tombows but what I love about the Copics is that I get that blended effect by just colouring with the different hues of the same colour. With the Tombows I have to dig out my water and paintbrushes.

Jenn at The Scrapbox gave me two sheets of the Prima Satin Smooth paper that has become known as "the Copic paper". She wanted me to give it a try and let her know what I thought. The only condition was that I made a demo card for the store.

I have been using Manga paper from my art store. The Prima paper blows the Manga paper out of the water. Wow...wow...wow...I am impressed. Here is the card that I made for Jenn. Lets just say this is the second attempt...the first attempt, I made the mistake of using a stamp that she doesn't carry in her store. Oops....

Materials used: Prima cardstock, Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey pattern paper, Great Impressions stamp, Stickles, Copic makers, Spellbinder Nestabilities.

I just realized that I never posted the circle journal layout that I mentioned I was struggling with. The whole idea of journalling about what I see in the mirror was a struggle for me. I started off doing something along the lines of dissecting my face into the parts of me that came from various family members. I really did not like where that was going.

So, I went the "Brown Bear" route instead:


Materials used: Bazzill dot cardstock, art metal, Ranger alcohol inks, American Craft Thickers, Sharpie journalling pen, Ten Second Studios Kabuka molds.

No comments: