Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What to do with Cork?

The design team at ScrapCentral was challenged to come up with a project using 2 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of cork. We could do anything with it. I stared at this stuff for a couple of weeks trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with it. I thought about stamping on it, embossing it, painting on it, die cutting it, using it on cards and layouts. Basically, I couldn't seem to decide what I want to make with it.

As usual, it came down to the wire and I basically had two nights to get this done before the dead line. I ended up making a woven basket which I filled with floral grass. I die cut some flowers which I painted with Radiant Rain paints. I, then, used distress Stickles to accent the flowers and leaves.

I am going to make more of these flowers to use on layouts. I really like them and they were fun to make. Spellbinder dies cut the cork reasonably well in the Cuttlebug. I thought the dies might be too shallow but with a little extra shim there was enough pressure.

No comments: