Thursday, August 27, 2009

New Layout

I finally dug into one of those DCWV paper packs that I brought back from vacation a few weeks ago. I love the bright colours in the Fun in the Sun Glitter pack. They were perfect for this photo of my daughter from a trip that we took to the beach in July.

One thing I love to do is to cut out various elements from the pattern paper and layer them and interweave them. I think that it has become the one technique that I use over and over in all my layouts and this layout is no different. The pink pattern paper was originally a square 12x12 sheet with a glitter accent circle. I took an exacto knife and cut out the circle. The flowers and the white swirly leaves are from another piece of pattern paper from the same stack. You don't really notice it much in this photo but they are all glittery as well.

When I started to layer everything, it look a little blah...it needed something more. I have been seeing lots of layouts around the web using the distressed interior circle and I really liked the effect. With distressing and ink the edge and then hand stitching around the circles, it gave it just enough visual interest to reduce the blah but not distract from the photo.

Materials used: Die Cuts With a View pattern paper, Tim Holtz flourish stamp, Ranger Distress Ink, Versacolour ink, Prima stars, Kaisercraft bling, dollar store bling and butterfly, EKSuccess Bookman letter stickers, & pop dots.

What layout would be complete with out some bling? Certainly not one of mine.

I am also loving these new Tim Holtz Flourish stamps. They are fantastic. I can see them becoming a staple in my layouts and cards as well. It is not often that I have used the same stamp twice in less than a week. It is such a versatile stamp set.

No comments: