Sunday, November 15, 2009

Finally finished something....

Yay!!  It took two days to do three cards but at least I have done something.  I needed a challenge to kick start my mojo.  ScrapCentral's 12 Days of Christmas Crop is going on for the next 12 days.  These cards were completed for the 5th Day of Christmas challenge which was basically to use any kind of glitz or glam to make either a layout or 3 cards.

Now that I have finally gotten something done, I was able to complete some birthday cards for my sisters-in-law.  Two of them have birthdays this week.  I have an idea for a layout swimming around in my head too.  I am just waiting for it to gel a bit more.  I can see the basic layout and have an idea about embellishments but I need to figure out subject and photos before I can start to really put together a design.

Here are three of the five cards I have done so far this weekend.  The sun went down before I could photograph the other two.  That is one thing I hate about this time of year is how soon the sun goes down.  There is such a short window for photographing items in natural light.


 Materials used:  Peel-off stickers, Bazzill cardstock, Watercolour paper, Gelly powder, Ranger embossing powder, Versacolour ink, Tombow markers, unknown bling, MAMBI bling, and pop dots.

I decided to play with my Tombow markers.  Ever since I started using Copics, my Tombows have been feeling neglected.  All three of the Christmas cards were done with some kind of peel-off sticker placed on watercolour paper and coloured with Tombows.



Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Prism metallic cardstock, Dazzlers stickers, watercolour paper, Tombow markers, Fabricland ribbon, Perfect Pearls, Spellbinder pendant dies, Cuttlebug embossing folder, and pop dots. 


I love backing the Spellbinder pendant die cuts with a contrasting paper to make them pop more.  These dies really add an extra level to cards.


Materials used:  Bazzill bling cardstock, Bo Bunny pattern paper, gold pen, Dazzlers stickers, MAMBI bling, Tombow markers, Fabricland ribbon.

I don't think any of these three will  be the Christmas card that I mass produce and mail out.  They are too dimensional and would cost a fortune to mail.

No comments: