At the crop, Tina hosts two sketch challenges -- a layout and a card sketch. I am not very literal in my interpretations but I usually try to take 3 or 4 elements out of the sketch to apply to my layout. This time I pulled out the retangular clusters, the strip journalling and horizontal strip in the center.
Materials used: Making Memories pattern paper, Bazzill cardstock, Riff Raff chipboard, Grungeboard letters, Ranger Paint dauber, Prima flowers and pearl vine, Basic Grey Bling it rubon, Maya Road clock face, My Little Yellow Bicycle trasparency, Kaiser Craft bling, Imaginesce metal flower, K&Co brad, Webster's Pages cameo, Versacolor ink, Memento ink.
Everyone votes on the submissions and a winner is chosen for each challenge. There were lots of fabulous submissions this time. I can't believe the talent of many of the scrappers that were attending.
Last time I won the card challenge and this time I won the layout challenge. Very cool! The prize was a fatastic kit from The Paper Passion. Lots of yummy goodness in this kit. I can't wait to dig into it.
Rosa makes wonderful kits but I haven't used one of hers before. I have drooled over them though. :-) I kind of moved away from kits in the past year but they are great for when you don't want to think about putting co-ordinating lines together. Someone else has done the work for you.
My card for the card challenge was just a quick card that I made with Dufex layered punch outs. Quick, easy with dramatic results.
Materials used: Dufex layered punch outs, Bazzill cardstock & dot cardstock, Prism cardstock, October Afternoon pattern paper, Memento ink, Distress ink, Fabricland ribbon, & Spellbinder dies.
The only thing that I used for the card sketch was the placement of the sentiment, the horizontal ribbon & pattern paper element. The cards that were submitted for this challenge were unbelieveable. I wish I had taken my camera with me. There were lots of inspiring cards.
I am starting to see the value of going to more crops. Without my husband and kiddos around, I am getting some stuff done even with all the chatting. They are a bit painful to pack for but having to use limited supplies actually pushes me to be more inventive and creative. They are a nice day out with friends.
I see more crops in my future. I guess I should start looking into getting some half decent crop totes to replace my pizza boxes and milk crates.



No comments:
Post a Comment