Sunday, November 29, 2009

Beautiful Sunday Morning

We just finished up a nice brunch with my inlaws and they have headed home.  The visit was short but nice for the kiddos.  I just realized that we didn't get a single picture of the kids with them.  Bad scrapbooking mother I am.

Now that I have my house to myself again.  I am going to start getting all my Christmas projects done.  Today I am going to edit photos for the kids' yearly album and I might just work on a layout I started last week.  I am itching to do something creative today.

Here are the ATCs photos and the my sister-in-laws card that I promised to post on Friday.


Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Sookwang double sided tape, Making Memories Glitter.

The ATCs are my first attempt at burnished velvet technique.  I did several different test samples before I realized that you have to work from dark to light.  Working from light to dark just made a mess of the image.  I loved the technique but I ended up with glitter everywhere.  It was funny to see my husband heading to work with glitter on the tip of his nose and not even realizing it.

My sister-in-laws card was made using the same template of a previous card that I posted.  The card looked so complicated but was so easy to make that I think this will be my fall back card.


 Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Scenic Route pattern paper, Romak Megumi flowers, Fabricland ribbon.

I love these Romak layered flowers.  I really need to get back to Ecstasy Crafts to pick up some more.

Now to clean off the Lincoln logs from my table and dig out my scrapbooking supplies.  Happy Sunday.

No comments: