Well I spent last night making up my tag for Jen's challenge. One of the stamps set that I don't have is the Tim Holtz Retro Christmas so I decided that instead of making the same tag, I would use the same techniques to make my own tag.
So what do you think?
Not the best photo I am afraid to say. I had to bring the tag into work to be able to get some decent light to photograph it. It sucks that I am on the way into work as the sun comes up and on the way home when it sets. It makes it hard to take photos of projects.
I used the same techniques that were showcased by Tim Holtz Day 1 tag. For my inked background, I used peeled paint, faded jeans and mustard seed Distress Ink. I stamped the branches with peeled paint and Archival ink. I slathered on the rock candy Crackle Paint. I think I am going to have to get another bottle of this ;-)
Since I didn't have the snowman stamp, I decided to use one of the ornaments out of the Christmas elements grungeboard pack and stamped it with a Just Cre8 stamp. I embossed it with black embossing powder. I painted with the snow cap Paint Dauber but the white was too stark against the green so I added a layer of gold Paint Dauber on top to mellow it out. The ornament was covered with the rock candy Stickles.
The tree branches are covered with diamond Stickles for the "snow" effect. The leaves on the ornament are the Maya Arts leaf ribbon. I used the same wired technique. I love this idea and I am going to be using it more often. Instead of swirls, I used the holly branches from the Christmas elements grungeboard. They were painted white, inked with peeled paint and black, covered with rock candy Stickles and accented with Xmas red Stickles. The berries on the leaves are Dew Drops.
Not bad for my first attempt. Off to see what Tim has in store for us on Day 2.

1 comment:
Gorgeous!
Post a Comment