Second last tag and I am almost done. I am not as happy with this one. I screwed up and I am not sure if I want to redo the background tag or not. I was trying to stay close to Tim's Tag as possible but since I did not have any white rubons, I decided to use my Signo white pen and just write in "Merry Christmas". Well, the Signo pen was flowing fine on my test paper but as soon as I started on the Tag...Ughhh...it made a mess. This is the first time I have had trouble with my white pen so I am not very pleased.
I am still trying to decide how bad of a mess it is or if I am just being anal. The other thing is that I should have written it on before I put the reindeer on so that the text was straighter and didn't "go around" the reindeer.
Any way, it is done and I will leave it aside for the rest of the day. Tonight I will take another look at it with fresh eyes and make my decision.
One of the other supplies that I did not have this time around was the iTop brad maker. I wasn't really interested in this tool. If you are a sewer, you probably made covered buttons; that is basically what the iTop does but as a brad instead. I just couldn't bring myself to buy this tool with the associate punches. I have tons of button tops left over from my sewing days so I just decided to used those on the tag. The ones I have don't require any special tools and they snap together using your fingers. I also dug through my stash of craft fabric and found some really nice Christmas fabric to use on the buttons instead of using the adhesive canvas.
For the flowers, I used some fabric Imaginesce flowers that I had instead of the paper Primas. I need to replenish my stock of white Prima flowers. I go through them fairly quickly since they are so versatile.
I just have one more tag to complete. I am on the hunt for a 6 petal flower template I can download and trace. All of my flower dies are either 5, 7 or more petal dies and will not work for the roses on Tag #12. Hopefully I will have more luck than I did searching for the film strip clip art.
Happy Sunday everyone. I am heading off with my kiddos this afternoon to get a Christmas Tree. That should be lots of fun. I usually go by myself since the kiddos never seem to be all the interested in accompanying me but they are getting older and are at that perfect "Santa & Christmas" stage.

1 comment:
Well I don't know what it looks like irl, but in the picture it looks great, and you can't see that you messed up ;-)
Post a Comment